If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Guest Post: Cassidy K. O'Connor Talks About Her Favorite Athlete / @CKOConnor_Auth


What's your sport of choice? Football? Baseball? Soccer? Rubgy? Basketball? I'm a football girl. Born and bred to love the game, I cheer my team on...when I have a chance to actually watch them play. What about athletes? I'm horrible with athlete names and all, but they are incredible displays of human strength and beauty, wouldn't you say?

Ms. Cassidy O'Connor is here to talk about athletes. Not all athletes, lol. Just the one that's got her drooling at when she goes to his games...

~~~


Thanks, Miriam!

Athletes are amazing creatures...they are dedicated, hard working, and just plain yummy. Don’t get me wrong there are a few douchebags in the mix but for the most part they are all amazing. I have been an avid baseball fan for most of my life. When my sisters and I were teenagers we spent most of our summers at our local MLB AA team. We actually came to friend a lot of the players and their wives. I am grown now and don’t spend much time at minor leagues but I attend a lot of Tampa Bay Rays games.

I am a big fan of a lot of those guys for both their physical skill and work with the community. Every year we do seem to get a new rookie that is just too good to not drool over. This year my eye candy is Kevin Kiermaier, he is absolutely gorgeous and I’ve been tempted to email him asking if he would model for my book covers. Somehow I doubt he would but you never know! The best part about him is his personality - he is so funny in interviews and very personable to all the fans. He’s also so happy to be in the majors that he works his butt off to be the hardest working guy out there. I’m going to do you all a favor and share a picture of him below :)

The best part of all of this is my husband, when we go to games I always take a picture of which ever player I’m sitting closest too just when they are bending over. I post this on Facebook and all my lady friends thank me. He shakes his head and chuckles at all of us, he knows it’s innocent fun and at the end of the night I’m his biggest fan! 


Keirmaier with dog.jpg

~~~

*blinks* Oh, sorry. I was...distracted. *grins*

Thank you, Cassidy, for taking the time to stop by. Kevin's certainly a looker. I can see why he's your eye candy this year!

Cassidy's got a new book out, Finding His Swing, a delightful romance about a guy, a girl, and baseball. Check it out!



Title: Love's Protector, Book 2: Finding His Swing
Author: Cassidy K. O'Connor
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: October 1, 2014
Genre: Contemporary, Sports, Romance

Jake Reynolds has everything he could want in life, fame, fortune and the greatest job in America as a professional baseball player. He didn’t realize anything was missing, until the day he met Chelsea Simmons.

Chelsea is Jake’s biggest fan and can’t believe her luck when she wins a contest to meet the players on the field before a home game. Meeting Jake was a dream come true, she never thought she had a chance at love with him.

After finding his soul mate but ignoring his heart Jake goes into a hitting slump. Chelsea is what society calls a curvy woman, Jake fears she won’t be accepted into his world and would rather give up being with her than risk her happiness. Can he continue playing ball knowing his soul mate is within reach?

Keara’s second mission as a member of the faery clan The Laochra Gra is vastly different from her first. She has her work cut out for her putting these two in situations that usually end in unexpected and hilarious antics. Can Keara help them see past society’s small mindedness and give into the love they feel for each other?



Cassidy K O'Connor is a born and raised Floridian who loves to travel but never forgets where her roots are. She married her high school sweetheart, they have 3 kids and a crazy dog. Travelling and reading are her two favorite hobbies. Cassidy loves all things Ireland and has been lucky enough to visit twice. Her first book 'The Evolution of Sam' was published August of 2014 and she has plans for many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment