If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review: Made for You by Lauren Layne / @TastyBookTours @_laurenlayne




Title: The Best Mistake #2: Made for You
Author: Lauren Layne
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Release Date: October 28, 2014
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
ARC Received From: NetGalley
Reviewed For: Tasty Book Tours



When the Wrong Guy is Oh-So-Right
Will Thatcher is exactly the type of sexy playboy good girls like Brynn have always avoided. And yet there was still something about him she just couldn't resist. When Will moved across the country three years ago, Brynn vowed it was time to put him behind her. She never thought Will might have other plans . . .

Back in town, Will intends to get what he's always wanted-gorgeous, unforgettable Brynn. For years, he tormented the untouchable ice princess in a desperate bid for her attention. Now he has a new plan, and he'll do anything to rewrite their stormy past. 

This time, he's out to show Brynn that the imperfect man might be the best mistake of her life . . . 



Other books in this series




This story is written proof that it's possible for a character to appear to have their sh** together, only to discover they are completely clueless when it comes to emotions and the reason why a person does what they do.

I struggled to like Brynn. I understood her hurt, and I understood her reason for being guarded. I did not understand her continued bitchiness toward Will. I don't know. I thought at some point she'd catch onto Will's non-verbal communications, you know? I mean, she did but she analyzed the crap out of what she was seeing, feeling, and thinking because of his non-verbal communications to the point that I wanted to wring her neck. *sigh* I'm sure I've been frustrated with female leads before but I'm not sure if I've ever been this frustrated.

I had to give Will props. The man deserved a standing ovation for the lengths he went to in order to show Brynn how much he loved her. I didn't blame him for giving up in the end, I really didn't. A person can only do so much, say so much, until there is nothing left to give that will help the other person understand just how badly they want them. And Will... Well, he was done. So he left.

Brynn and Will had to go through a lot in order to get their happy ever after. Will fought tooth and nail to show the woman he loved they shared more than awesome sex. Brynn had to break loose of the lifestyle she'd locked herself into. She needed to find and love herself before she could have anything with Will. Their journey from bickering constantly to loving unconditionally was a roller coaster ride with twists and turns, highs and lows that left me reeling. Sometimes I wanted to hug Brynn and tell her she wasn't that girl from long ago. Other times I wanted to slap her, tell her to get her head out of her ass before she lost the best thing to happen to her in ever!

Ms. Layne's characters don't disappoint. Will and Brynn are worth reading about. There's irritation, borderline hatred, and a questionable fling, but it all adds up to an undeniable attraction between them that's festered for fifteen really long years. And you know what? For all the frustration I felt, I'd still read this story again.



Lauren Layne used to work in e-commerce. She wore cute shoes and big-girl clothes like an adult.
Then she was like, nope, changed into her pajamas and started writing romance novels.
She believes in sarcasm, weekday happy hours, and happily ever after.


1 comment: