If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Review: At Last by Miranda P. Charles / @MirandaPCharles



Title: Time for Love #5: At Last
Author: Miranda P. Charles
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: January 6, 2015
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
ARC Received From: Miranda P. Charles


Last year, Gemma Aldwyn roped her four best friends into making a New Year's resolution—to make the first move on potential happily-ever-after guys and break their run of being dateless for five New Year's Eves in a row. With time fast running out, Gemma is yet to find a man to kiss when the clock strikes twelve on January first. Problem is, she only wants the handsome and wealthy Greg Carmichael—Mr. Commitment-Phobic.

Greg Carmichael isn't against commitment—as long as it doesn't involve him. With beautiful women vying for his attention during his stay at one of his family's luxury resorts, Greg isn't short of female admirers. But it's his friend, Gemma Aldwyn, that he finds himself lusting after. Unfortunately, Gemma isn't into casual relationships, so sleeping with her was out of the question.

When Gemma's safety and privacy is unexpectedly threatened, she accepts the offer to hide out in the secluded Carmichael resort where Greg is staying. With this chance to get closer to Greg, can Gemma find the courage to expose her heart to great hurt? And can Greg give up his bachelor lifestyle to embrace the true gem waiting for him—before he loses her altogether?



Other books in this series


You know, I love an honorable man. I admire how he's intent on making good on his word even if it means denying what his heart wants. However, I admire him more when he wakes up and realizes he can keep his promise while pursuing his own happiness.

Greg is a great example of someone who has a promise to keep but a heart to follow. While he doesn't push Gemma away, he does shun the idea of a committed relationship with her. Why? A promise he made after losing his parents and grandfather. It's okay to sigh, lol. I totally did!

There is a lot to admire about Greg in regards to his non-committed-but-it-really-is-a-committed relationship with Gemma. His attraction to her pushes him to win her New Year's kiss. His concern prompts him to protect her. The way his heart aches for her when she loses her studio compels him to find her another location for her studio. Sometime during all of this, he realized that he could have her without breaking his promise. It just took all of this to happen for him to come to that conclusion.

I have to give Gemma a huge round of applause. For all the push and shove between her and Greg, she hung in there. It was like a part of her heart knew they were supposed to happen even if her head doubted it. Everything for Gemma always came back to Greg.

I've heard people say that actions speak louder than words. In this story, that is very true. Despite his words, Greg showed Gemma how much he loved and cared for her, how much he wanted and needed her, how much he lived for her. Gemma was no different. While her love for Greg was more obvious, she did her best to convey her heart's message to him without pushing him away so that he could see he didn't have to break his word to have a relationship with her.

At Last is the last book of this series, and it's hard to believe that this series is ending. Truthfully, I wish it wasn't. The stories were well-written, the characters well-developed, enticing combinations of sweetness and heat that left me satisfied and happy at the end of each one. I can't wait to read the spinoff series Ms. Charles has in the works about some of the secondary characters I met. Until then, thank you for the incredible moments, memorable characters, and happy endings from this series.


Ever since I was a young teenager, I have loved reading romance novels.  My auntie used to send me boxes of her books and I would devour them one after another. 
Every so often, I would read a mystery or a suspense or a paranormal novel as I love those genres too.  But romance is still my favourite. :)
For many years, I wrote technical and non-fiction materials for professional use and had only dreamt about writing a novel. 
Then, one day, after a period of binge-reading sexy romances, I decided to sit in front of my computer and start writing my first fiction book.  The result?  My first novel in the hot and sexy Lifestyle by Design series. 
After that, I knew that I would love to tell more beautiful love stories through my books. 
I live in Sydney, Australia with my amazing husband who lovingly cheers me on (and yes, sometimes irritates and annoys me ;) ) in my journey as a novelist.



Review: Book 1: Forever | Review: Book 2:  Finally | Review: Book 3: Again

No comments:

Post a Comment