If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review: Sins of a Duke by Stacy Reid / @entangledpub @ScandalousBooks @st_reid


Title: Sins of a Duke
Series: Scandalous House of Calydon, Book 3
Author: Stacy Reid
Publisher: Entangled Scandalous
Release Date: March 9, 2015
Genre: Historical, Romance
ARC Received From: Entangled Publishing


She would be his perfect revenge... 

All of the young ladies whispered about the Duke of Mondvale in hushed tones, their eyes following his tall, dark figure with barely disguised lust. For the newly-ostracized Lady Constance Thornton, he is magnetic and altogether desirable. Irresistibly so. Since her reputation is already ruined in London society, why shouldn't she be impudent and dance with the scandalous "Lord of Sin"?

Little does she know of his plans.

The beautiful and innocent Lady Constance is no mere plaything for Lucan Wynwood. She will be his revenge. By ruining her, he will have his vengeance against her brother. Except that the Lady Constance is full of surprises... and now she could well be the ruin of him.



Other books in this series


There's revenge, and there's revenge. This story was revenge, the kind that you know will only bring immense heartache and possible irreparable damage. The kind that many would label as unforgivable.

That was me. Even though I knew what Lucan was doing, even though I could see what was coming, my heart broke and I hated him. I hated his need for vengeance by using an innocent. I hated him for making himself approachable and loveable to a woman whose only crime was being related to the man Lucan believed wronged his own sister.

I didn't want Constance to forgive him, didn't want her to still love him after what he'd done. But she did. It might be fiction, but maybe her actions speak more of her character than mine do of me. Forgiveness is not something I give easily. Yes, I carry grudges. Yes, I cut people out of my life who bring nothing but grief and strife. So perhaps I can learn something from her.

Maybe.

It was hard to admire a man who took it upon himself to ruin a lovely woman like Constance. The whispers he started about her parentage and his single-minded goal of destroying Constance's brother by ruining her were... *sigh* It was difficult to wrap my brain around. Really, it was.

Through all of Lucan and Constance's dealings, through all the ups and downs they faced, they discovered that love--the kind that many dream of, crave, need, want, desire, look for, hope for--provided them the strength to do what I don't think they would have been able to do otherwise. For Lucan, it was asking Constance for forgiveness. It was realizing how damaged his sister was and that, despite his desire to believe only the good in her, he didn't know her as well as he thought.  For Constance, it was forgiving him. She didn't have to. She could have stayed away, traveling with her brother and sister-in-law. But she didn't because she couldn't. *smiles*

To say that love is amazing would be an understatement. In its purest form, it is unconditional and selfless. Established in the hearts of the right people, it becomes more than a emotion. It becomes action. It has the power to bring the proudest person to their knees; to forgive what others believe you can't; to mend a brokenness that many thought couldn't be fixed; to see a future when others doubt there is even a present. Lucan and Constance's relationship began on the worst note imaginable, yet it ended on the highest note possible.

A gripping, emotional tale of two people who, I felt, shouldn't have ever fallen in love but did. For listening to their hearts, they experienced a love so grand it defied logic and redefined what it means to love.



I am an unapologetic romance lover. I read it. I write it. Enough said. Well..I also have a warrior way "Never give up on my dreams." I spend a copious amount of time drooling over Rick Grimes from Walking Dead, watching Japanese anime and playing video games with my love, Dusean.

No comments:

Post a Comment