If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Review: Tell Them Lies by Karla Sorensen / @BTSPromosPR @ksorensenbooks



Title: Tell Them Lies
Series: Three Little Words, Book 3
Author: Karla Sorensen
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: October 8, 2015
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
ARC Received From & Reviewed For: Between the Sheets Promotions


Liz Peters hasn’t exactly gotten the happily-ever-after she’s read about in her Jane Austen books. ‘Always a bridesmaid’ is more fitting to the way life has been passing this good girl by. About to go postal from loneliness, she meets a man who doesn’t seem to fit any of her requirements for a book-worthy hero.

Kieran Carter would do just about anything to put a smile on his terminally ill mother’s face. When he meets a woman in the ice cream aisle at the grocery store, Kieran finally has opportunity to do just that. If he needs to lie in order to give his mom a little hope? Not a freakin problem.

It all seems so neat and tidy. An arrangement is struck that benefits them both, but when lines get blurry and the guilt of lying to everyone they love becomes too much, neither Liz or Kieran can tell what’s real and what’s for show. And somewhere in the middle is the last person they ever expected to fall in love with.



Other books in this series


Ice cream seems to be just about any girl's go-to solution when they're feeling down about something. Breakups, bad days at work, family drama, friend drama. You name it and a girl will probably dig out a pint of Ben & Jerry's as their pacifier. Loneliness though? That's a new one for me. But it suited that Liz was looking for comfort in ice cream because of it.

Her friends were off living their lives and she was... Well, she just was. Mind you, I don't think her life was all that empty or unexciting or anything. I'm a homebody though so that makes me kinda (okay, very) biased, lol. She just felt like everyone else was moving forward while she was stuck watching. She wanted what her friends had--someone to hold and love, to make dreams come true with, to experience life with. Her ideal man was crafted from the men she read about and Kieran wasn't anything like him.

Kieran had the bad-boy thing down to a science. Tattoos, scruff, rugged good looks. But there was more to him than met the eye. Under all that outward goodness was heart of gold. His feelings for Liz were instant from their ice cream aisle encounter so there wasn't really any pretending on his end when it came to being in a relationship with her. Convincing her that what they had could be more than pretend took time, especially since he had her ideal man to contend with.

This is more than a fake relationship turned real story. As they get to know one another, there are discoveries to be made that benefit them as individuals and as a couple. Kieran may not be Liz's Mr. Darcy, not in the way she'd hoped he'd be, but he does what no other man can do for her: he pulls her out of her shell by simply believing in her. And Liz found Kieran's heart of gold, found there was so much more to him than what she saw.

Ms. Sorenson is a new-to-me author and I'm a little miffed that I've just discovered her. I loved everything about this story, especially the way she writes. It reminded me of people I know who think and speak the way Kieran and Liz do. That little thing might not seem like much, but it helped make these two real to me. A definite keeper for me. I hope it becomes one for you too.




Well, let's see. I'm a wife and a mother. I'm a writer who wants to make people smile when they read my words. I own a dog that sheds roughly eighteen pounds of hair every day. I am obsessed with Outlander (both the books and the show). I'm almost exclusively a romance reader, which means I will never truly be considered a literary snob. I think that if I could meet one historical figure, it would probably be Jane Austen. I majored in Public Relations and worked in health care marketing before I had my babies. And I hate twitter. I do it, but I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment