If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Review: The Unintended Fiance by Miranda P. Charles / @MirandaPCharles


Title: The Unintended Fiancé
Series: Captured by Love, Book 4
Author: Miranda P. Charles
Publisher: MPC Romance Publishing
Release Date: October 22, 2015
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
ARC Received From & Reviewed For: Miranda P. Charles


He arranges a fake engagement to win against his business rival.

Bradley Mead has one overriding goal: to succeed over his fiercest business enemy. To boost his chances of winning a lucrative contract over his competitor, he must first assure his potential client that he is not after the client's new wife--a woman he used to date and who still loves to flirt with him. To aid his cause, he asks Erin Baker, his sister's beautiful best friend, to be his pretend fiancée. But Erin soon becomes a pawn for his archrival's underhanded tactics... and he finds himself torn between winning in business and following the dictates of his heart.

She doesn't expect to fall for her fake fiancé.

Erin Baker believes she is now immune from Bradley Mead's charms. After all, her secret crush for him when she was still a teenager is long gone. When an ex-boyfriend becomes a new work colleague and starts annoying her, accepting Brad's proposition to be his fake fiancée for a short time seems like a great idea... until she discovers that she's been lying to herself about her feelings for him. Can she ever win the heart of the man who has never loved her back, and shows no intention of ever doing so?



Other books in this series


It seemed like a good idea. At first. Erin needed a roommate, Brad needed a place to stay. Why not? What harm could possibly happen from two friends staying together?

Plenty, lol, especially when life throws a bunch of curveballs their way.

Brad's ex is now married to his potential client. The trouble there is the client knew they'd been together, and the ex can't keep from flirting with Brad. The easiest way to prove he's not interested is to say he's taken. The likeliest choice? Erin, his new roommate who once had a massive crush on him. As luck has it, she's in need of a fake-relationship partner to ward off her own persistent ex, who happens to be her new co-worker.

Awesome. *grins*

It wasn't the setup that got me interested. It was the "So what happens now?" that did. I wondered how long it'd take before they fell for one another for real. I wondered who'd confess their love first. I wondered what it was going to take for them to realize all they wanted and needed was in each other.

Brad and Erin were most definitely attracted to one another. But they could also just talk, hang out, watch movies without acting on that attraction. The enjoyment of being with each other was enough at times. At others, they needed intimacy, the feel of skin on skin, of making love and not just having sex. They complimented each other well. Maybe it's why it was so easy for me to appreciate their love.

I like that this story shows, initially, Brad and Erin's fake relationship as a sure thing to never get past "fake". And I liked that Ms. Charles wrote them falling little by little for one another until they were all the other could think about even during a brief separation. This is a great addition to this series. A little bit of mystery, a lot of attraction, a few inevitable rounds of sex, and a love that wouldn't quit.


Ever since I was a young teenager, I have loved reading romance novels.  My auntie used to send me boxes of her books and I would devour them one after another.

Every so often, I would read a mystery or a suspense or a paranormal novel as I love those genres too. But romance is still my favourite. :)

For many years, I wrote technical and non-fiction materials for professional use and had only dreamt about writing a novel. Then, one day, after a period of binge-reading sexy romances, I decided to sit in front of my computer and start writing my first fiction book. The result? My first novel in the hot and sexy Lifestyle by Design series. After that, I knew that I would love to tell more beautiful love stories through my books.

I live in Sydney, Australia with my amazing husband who lovingly cheers me on (and yes, sometimes irritates and annoys me ;) ) in my journey as a novelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment