If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Friday, November 6, 2015

Guest Post: Stock Up On Condoms / @SofiaGreyAuthor


Ever read a story that's written in single first person POV and wonder, "So what's the other person thinking?"

I have. Countless times. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed the book, because I have, but there's that small part of me that wants to know what's going on in the other main character's head.

Lucky me, I got the chance to find out! Well, sort of.

I asked the lovely Sofia Grey if the hero from her latest novel, His Temporary Fix, would be able to sit down and give his side of the story since it's told from only from Holly's. Turns out, he couldn't. For the next six months he’s on deployment in Afghanistan. However, he emails his girlfriend, Holly, every few days, and she agreed to share some of them with Ms. Grey who agreed to share them with you.


Tuesday

Hol.
I'm still in shock from your last email. What do you mean, you’ve never watched Star Wars? Any of them? We have to fix this. Right now. I bet Jasper will have copies if you ask him. There are 6 movies so far, and I can see your confusion about the order they come in. Best idea is to watch them like this: IV, V, VI - and then I, II, III. Trust me baby, it makes sense.

Fingers crossed I’m home in December and we can watch the new one in 3D on the big screen in town. So now you see, you have to watch them all before then :)

Zack x

Wednesday

Did I tell you, we have a bunch of Brits on patrol with us right now? It’s their first deployment here and so we’re babysitting while they find their feet. The good: They brought some cool candy with them, and a fresh supply of DVD’s. The bad: the DVDs are all British sitcoms. Like, classic ones. I'd kill for a boxed set of The Walking Dead, but instead we have something called ’Allo ’Allo. Yeah, right.

Gripper Evans is nudging my elbow telling me it's his turn for the Internet link. If I show him a picture of you in your bikini, he says I can have his slot as well, but I told him to f*ck off.

Miss you, Zack x

Friday

Hol. You have to watch ’Allo ’Allo. It's the funniest sitcom I've seen since forever. It’s set in occupied France, and has a bunch of French resistance fighting against the Germans. Brad nearly pissed himself laughing so hard. Download and watch series 1 and we can talk about it.

Well done on the Star Wars marathon. Told you Jasper would have copies, your bro is cool. Don't laugh, but When I was a kid I had the hots for Princess Leia. I've grown up since then. Now I just think about you. That last picture you sent me is saved on my phone so I can look at it when I'm in bed. You know what I mean :)

Zack x

Sunday

Dreamed about you last night, Hol. Miss you, babe. X

Wednesday

Sorry about the radio silence. We had to go on patrol, and got stranded off base. F*ckin hate this place sometimes.

Send me another picture please. Black lacy panties will be perfect :)

Zack x

Thursday

You're killing’ me here. I had to go and take a very long shower after that last picture. More please :)

Zack x

Friday

Book a week off work, 2-9 December. We’re back from deployment on the 1st.
I. Cannot. Wait.
PS stock up on condoms :) :)
PPS love you, Zack xx

~~~

I don't know about anyone else, but I laughed and "Aw!"-ed my way through those emails. It was great to see this side of Zack instead of just through Holly's eyes.

Thank you, Sofia, for coming by. And please give Holly my sincerest thanks for sharing these with us today. *wink* And tell her to enjoy that week off later this year.

If you want to know more about Zack and Holly's story, keep reading.


Title: His Temporary Fix
Series: Love at the Beach, Book 2
Author: Sofia Grey
Publisher: Entangled Select Contemporary
Genre: Contemporary, Romance

Holly Jacobs loses her heart a little too easily. Never again. But when she meets the sexy soldier on the beach, Holly knows she's in big trouble. Zack Winter is gorgeous and in pain, and when he kisses Holly, all of her resolve melts away...

Zack is on short-term leave to attend a funeral, and he's walking a fine line. The loss is unbearable...and he'll do whatever it takes to distract himself from it. Especially if it means a night of searingly-hot sex with Holly Jacobs. Only his brilliant idea isn't exactly going according to plan.

One night isn't nearly enough. But if it goes much longer it might end in broken hearts…



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me (and Zack 'n' Holly) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was fun reading Zack's emails :)

      Delete