If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Excerpt: More Than Once by Elizabeth Briggs / @XpressoReads @lizwrites



Title: More Than Once
Series: Chasing The Dream, Book 4
Author: Elizabeth Briggs
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: November 30, 2015
Genre: Contemporary, New Adult, Holiday, Romance


Special release week price of $0.99! Get this stand-alone holiday romance now before it goes up to full price!

She’s trying to be good. He loves it when she’s bad.

Andrew West is done being the nice guy. After a marriage proposal gone wrong, he's started over in a new city and he's never risking his heart again.

Becca Collins is done being the bad girl. After quitting the band she played bass for, she's going to prove to her family that she's really changed.

When Becca's dumped by her boyfriend and fired from her job on Christmas Eve, all seems lost, until she runs into a former one night stand--Andrew. To impress her parents, Becca convinces him to pretend to be her perfect boyfriend for their holiday dinner.

After Andrew shows Becca he's all bad boy in the bedroom, neither wants to pretend anymore. But when Becca's invited to rejoin her band for a show and Andrew's forced to face his ex, they both wonder if they're ready to take a leap again--or if they're doomed to fail in life and love a second time.



Other books in this series

Excerpt:
Becca must have seen my hesitation because a flicker of concern crossed her face. “We don’t have to do this, Andy. We can go grab a bite to eat or…”
“No.” I strode over to Becca and tangled my fingers in the back of her hair, sliding my other arm around her waist and yanking her against me. She let out a little gasp, but her dark eyes flashed with pleasure. She liked that. Good.
I kissed Becca hard, forcing her mouth open, holding her tight against me. Her hands slipped around my waist to my ass, cupping it, pulling me closer. Her body fitted against mine, molding to me like we’d been made as a perfect match. All thoughts of Tara and my broken heart were forgotten; all that existed was this girl, this kiss, this moment.
Tonight I was done being hesitant. Done with the sadness and the doubt and the pain. And above all else, I was done being the nice guy.
We devoured each other, our kisses hungry and desperate. My mouth and my hands were rough, exploring her body, but she gripped me just as tightly and moaned with each touch. I found her breasts, so soft and full, and rubbed them through her thin top. With each squeeze and pinch, she moaned even louder.
“I don’t know if I can be gentle tonight,” I said, nipping at her earlobe.
“Thank god. I don’t want it gentle.”
I paused. “No?”
“No.” She was breathing heavily, her face flushed with desire. “Be rough with me. I can take it. I want it.”
My hands tightened around her arms, fingers biting into her skin. Her words had unlocked something within me, something I’d kept buried deep inside, something I’d always craved. I’d never found the right girl—had either been too worried about what my girlfriends would think or knew they wouldn’t be open to it. But this girl seemed to want it as much as I did.
I didn’t know her. I’d probably never see her again. Maybe for tonight, for one night only, I could finally let my darker desires out to play.



Elizabeth Briggs is a full-time geek who writes books for teens and adults. She graduated from UCLA with a degree in Sociology, currently mentors teens in writing, and volunteers with a dog rescue group. She's the author of the Chasing The Dream romance series and the upcoming young adult novel Future Shock. Elizabeth lives in Los Angeles with her husband and a pack of fluffy dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment