If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Review: Protecting His Forever by LeAnn Ashers / @EJBookPromos @LeannAshers





Title: Protecting His Forever
Author: LeAnn Ashers
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: February 4, 2016
Genre: Contemporary, Suspense, Romance
ARC Received From & Reviewed For: Enticing Journey Book Promotions



Sydney

I always thought soulmates were an illusion dreamed up in fairytales until Kane. He stormed in during the scariest moment of my life, and even though he fights his own demons, he fights harder for me. Together, we have an unbreakable bond.

Kane

I’m ruthless, especially when it comes to Sydney. She has a stalker, and he’s brought company. Sydney is MINE, and I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe. But, when we’re hit with a surprise, our lives are changed forever…

I'm...up in the air here. The synopsis grabbed my interest. The first few chapters held it. But... I don't know.

I like that Kane is Sydney's knight in shining armor. I like that Kane met and protected his forever, Sydney, without thinking twice. That kind of devotion and affection isn't uncommon in romances, not even in real life. It's everything else that left me feeling like I'd missed something vital.

Funny thing is, I didn't.

This is a quick story, told in dual first person POVs. It time lapses, fast-forwards days, weeks, months, and years so the story is told. The time lapses made sense but the result was Kane and Sydney's relationship felt really, really rushed. This is why I felt like I'd missed something but knew I hadn't.

The idea of the story is beautiful though it's execution wasn't really for me. I do like Kane and Sydney, their loyal friends and family. I'm not disappointed that I asked to review this. I think Ms. Ashers displays a lot of talent in this story but I also think the pace needs to be a little slower, moments more defined, characters more relatable. This may not have been what I expected but it won't keep me from reading more by Ms. Ashers. Like I said, she displays a lot of talent here and it's enough to hope for something better from her in the future.




LeAnn Asher’s is a blogger turned author who lives in a small slice of heaven Kentucky with her dog Pebbles. On her off days she enjoys spending time with her larger than life nephew and nieces. LeAnn release her debut novel early 2016, and she can’t wait to where this new adventure takes her. LeAnn writes about strong minded female and strong protective males who love their women unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment