Series & Title: The Rule Breakers, Book 2: The Rule Maker
Author: Jennifer Blackwood
Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon
Publisher: Entangled Publishing: Embrace
Release Date: January 16, 2017
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
ARC Received From: Entangled Publishing via NetGalley
Reviewed For: IndieSage PR
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Paperback
Other books in this series
They shared one night. He left without so much as a goodbye, which makes sense since, you know, it was only supposed to be one night, and she was left trying to forget him.
Ryder and Zoey's story is filled with humor and sarcasm. Lots and lots and lots of humor and sarcasm. Because for all their attempts at trying to avoid one another, a difficult task given they're working together, their attraction to one another shines bright and strong.
Ryder's policy of one night only with a woman was broken when he spent the night with Zoey. She was the first unforgettable woman for him ever and that was pretty amazing. Zoey is unsure of what to do with him though. She likes him but doesn't want to, wants to burn the sheets with him but wonders if he'll leave again, wants to be more than a one night stand to him but doesn't know if she should say that.
Makes sense since he slipped out after an amazing night together. Yet she has no idea that he's never forgotten her, has no idea that he remembers everything about her, has no idea how much he regrets leaving the way he did.
His self-realization was amazing because it also clued into his overall growth--playboy to a one-woman man and all the beauty that came with that change. No other woman had filled his head and heart since that night. No other woman ever would from now on.
This was a fun story. I smiled and laughed as much as I contemplated and reflected. If you're looking for something a little more lighthearted with snappy dialogue and engaging characters, I hope you give this story a try. Ms. Blackwood knows how to write and this story doesn't disappoint.
Jennifer Blackwood is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When not chasing after her toddler, you can find her binging on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural, and locking herself in her office to write.