If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Review: HIS Everything by Frankie Love / @ArdentPRose



Collection & Title: The HIS Collection: HIS Everything
Author: Frankie Love
Author Links: Website | Facebook Fan Group | Facebook Page | Goodreads | Amazon
Publisher: Frankie Love
Release Date: June 5, 2017
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
ARC Received From: Purchased from Amazon
Reviewed For: Ardent Prose



The moment we meet, I know she’s everything I ever wanted.
And when she tells me her fantasies … there’s nothing that will stop me from making them come true.
She asks me to play her baby-daddy and wants the role of my wife.
I’ll give in to her domestic kink … after all, she’s a virgin determined to get her cherry popped -- and with a body as delicious as hers, I know I’ll need another taste.
We share one unforgettable night and make plans for plenty more … but then she disappears into thin air.
No trace.
No name.
All I have is the memory of her innocence and the belief that what we had was real.
Nothing will stop me from finding her.
She's my everything ... and I’ll make sure she never forgets it.

Dear Reader,
This is a filthy-sweet story with kinky undertones … well, not really under … more like on top of and inside. Filled with, even. It’s got amnesia, oysters, and plenty of shucking.
xo, frankie

Amazon

Goodreads

Other books in this collection


Liam and Avery are looking for nothing really except a night away from the norm, a minute to unwind, a place where they are not known. They meet by chance at an oyster bar, play pretend husband and wife for the evening, make passionate love that night. They part ways when Liam is unexpectedly called to work without any real knowledge of who the other is. He is Daddy/Husband. She is Lolita/Wife.

And this is where the story gets interesting.

Tragedy robs them of fulfilling their agreed-on meeting place: the oyster bar the following week. Avery is left with gaps in her memory and a baby in her belly. The latter is odd to her, and her freak-out over that discovery makes sense since she doesn't remember having sex. Liam is devoted to his Lolita/Wife and returns every week for months to the oyster bar in hopes of seeing her again.

There's an endearing sweetness to this story because of Liam's persistence. His need to find the woman from that night pulled at my heart, and the helplessness that Avery feels about not remembering her night with Liam made me hope she would eventually find him.

Ms. Love is not a new-to-me author. She's like many authors I follow who know how to make a story quick, hot, and fulfilling. This is an insta-everything story, but the lust and sex aren't why I like it. It's Liam's sweetness. Coming off a really difficult month, his dominance tempered with sweetness was what I needed. The only drawback was the term "baby gravy". It was weird, I'll admit that, but not enough for me to stop reading.




Frankie Love writes sexy stories about bad boys and mountain men. As a thirty-something mom to six who is ridiculously in love with her own bearded hottie, she believes in love-at-first-sight and happily-ever-afters. She also believes in the power of a quickie.

No comments:

Post a Comment