If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Love, On Hold by Mia Miller / @miamillerauthor @TheNextStepPR





Title: Love, On Hold
Author: Mia Miller
Author Links: Website | Facebook Group | Facebook Page | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram | Pinterest | Newsletter
Publisher: Mia Miller
Release Date: April 26, 2018
Genre: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Hosted By: The Next Step PR
Reviewed For: Mia Miller


We both put love on hold until now. How long will love wait for us?

Three-forty-five in the morning: unknown number calling.

Send the stranger on their way and go back to sleep, right? Except – his gruff voice made me think twice.

I was a small girl with big dreams. I juggled college, charity, and a job while dodging an annoying ex. Getting to know a guy? That was way down on my list. So I had every intention of ignoring sexy Joel Thomas when he woke me up.

But he wouldn’t let me. When did texting and calling turn into feelings? We kept our identities a secret and didn’t see each other. Yet, we fell in love.

Will our chemistry stand the test of reality?

Most new adult romances I read are angst-riddled. Sweet moments are few. Heat and spice are plenty. This is the first new adult romance this year that is overflowing with sweetness and blessedly low on angst. (Not that angst is a bad thing; I'm just not in the mood for it right now.)

This is a wrong number, right girl story. A phone call meeting of strangers that blossoms into friendship then shifts into love. It's a stunning realization of accepting the unexpected in the middle of pursuing aspirations and dreams. It's learning to see past the similarities that remind you of an ex; to want someone who inspires and entices you; to hope for a future that includes them; to love and be loved so completely that you know you can face whatever comes your way.

I enjoyed, loved, relished every part of this story. And I honestly thought I wouldn't. I didn't want another new adult romance that left me emotionally drained but happy that the characters got what their hearts desired. I wanted something sweeter, something slower, something more encompassing. This was it. I can't describe how overwhelmed I was when I got to the end. Not because I was sad or upset or angry or drained, but because I was so happy this wasn't a complex or complicated story.

It is sweet. It is hot. It is thought provoking. It is life. It is love.

This is a story worth reading.


Mia Miller started writing as a getaway from a taxing day job in a multinational corp. A lover of all things romance since forever, Mia tries to find a little bit of a love story even in zombie movies. She likes her book boyfriends Alpha and her novels naughty.

Nowadays Mia can be constantly found typing away, with her Dogo Argentino at her feet. Mia brings to her readers books in the New Adult and Contemporary Romance genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment