If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Lithium Tides by Carmel Rhodes / @AuthorCarmel @IndieSagePR



Series & Title: Lithium Springs, Book 2: Lithium Tides
Author: Carmel Rhodes
Author Links: Website | Facebook Group | Facebook Page | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Bookbub | Instagram | Pinterest | Newsletter
Publisher: Carmel Rhodes
Release Date: April 26, 2018
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Hosted By: IndieSagePR


Whose bed is this?
That was Kensie’s first thought as she peeled her eyes open to find herself in an unfamiliar room. She noted the crumpled red dress, tiny black thong, and Louboutin heels in the corner.

Whose arms are these?
That was her second thought as the tattooed arms engulfing her tightened their grip. Her phone buzzed on the nightstand. Carefully, without waking up the man behind her, she reached for it. The name on the display read Prince Charming.

"Hello?"
"How are you still asleep at one in the afternoon?" Trey's familiar baritone rang in her ear.
“Long night,” she rasped. The man behind her chuckled, his mouth warm on her ear.
“Well, wake up. My flight leaves in an hour and I can’t wait to see you.”
“I can’t wait,” she said weakly.

What have I done?
That was her third thought as the weight of her recklessness consumed her.

She cheated.

She was a cheater.

Lithium Tides: Book Two in the Lithium Springs Series. A Complete Standalone Novel.

Excerpt:
"How many instruments do you play?" she asked, changing the subject.
"Only three: drums, guitar, and piano."
"Only three? Slacker."
"It's not that impressive." He continued typing. "I've played the piano for as long as I can remember. My mom insisted we all learn; me, my brother and sister. I started playing the drums when I was thirteen and the guitar just a few years ago. I'm not that great, but Javi and Ry are teaching me. Music is the only thing I've ever been any good at."
"You're good at this," she offered, pointing to the screen. He looked at her, mischief twinkling in his blue eyes. Kensie groaned, realizing her mistake.
"What else am I good at?" he grinned.
"I am not going to say it." She did her best to wipe the smile off her face.
He was impossible.
The worst.
"You know it's true," he teased.
Kensie pressed her lips into a thin line.
"Say it."
She shook her head from side to side, her ponytail slapping her in the face with each rotation of her neck.
"Say. It," he gritted, setting the laptop aside. His face was menacing, like a lion ready to pounce. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." “Nope.” Kensie quirked a brow. She wasn’t budging.
CT lunged forward so quickly she lost her balance. His hands found her midsection and he began tickling her mercilessly. Pinned between his thighs, she had no choice but to submit to his assault. "Okay… OKAY," she giggled, trying to wiggle herself free.
"I didn't hear you say it." He lowered his ear to her lips, waiting. His fingers poised to continue their attack.
"You're…you're good at…invading personal space, too."


Writer of words. Mother of Joy. Wife of Compassion. I like to write stories about real people who go through real struggles, and come out the other side stronger. I also like to write smut. Welcome to my brain. It’s a little screwed up, but always well intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment