If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Friday, November 2, 2018

Choosing Heart or Home by Chris Karlsen / @AuthorCKarlsen @BuoniAmiciPress



Title: Choosing Heart or Home: Coming Home for Christmas
Author: Chris Karlsen
Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Publisher: Books to Go Now
Release Date: October 14, 2018
Genre: Historical, Holiday, Romance
Hosted By: Buoni Amici Press


London
Christmas, 1889

The widowed Queen Victoria reigns over an empire on which the “sun never sets,” and London is bright with holiday decorations. Detective Rudyard Bloodstone’s career is moving along well as Holborn Station’s lead investigator. And, his year had gotten even better when he met London’s celebrated music hall star, Honeysuckle Flowers.

As he and his lady embark on celebrating the holidays, Rudyard grows homesick for Wales and his family there. He makes plans to see his parents and thinks it is the perfect time to introduce Honeysuckle to them. To his unhappy surprise, his mother paints her with a trollop’s brush. His mother is firm: he is loved and missed and most welcome in the family home but not his lady. He must choose between them and to choose means the risk of losing the other.

I was born and raised in Chicago. My father was a history professor and my mother was, and is, a voracious reader. I grew up with a love of history and books.

My parents also love traveling, a passion they passed onto me. I wanted to see the places I read about, see the land and monuments from the time periods that fascinated me. I’ve had the good fortune to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Near East, and North Africa.

I am a retired police detective. I spent twenty-five years in law enforcement with two different agencies. My desire to write came in my early teens. After I retired, I decided to pursue that dream. I write three different series. My paranormal romance series is called, Knights in Time. My romantic thriller series is Dangerous Waters. The newest is The Bloodstone Series. Each series has a different setting and some cross time periods, which I find fun to write.

I currently live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and five wild and crazy rescue dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment