If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. - Oscar Wilde
We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. - B. F. Skinner
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. - Mary Wortley Montagu

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Review: Truly Yours by Mia Miller / @miamillerauthor @GiveMeBooksBlog





Series & Title: Truly Us, Book 1: Truly Yours
Author: Mia Miller
Author Links: Website | Facebook Group | Facebook Page | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Book + Main | Bookbub | Instagram | Pinterest | Wattpad | Newsletter
Publisher: Mia Miller
Release Date: June 30, 2018
Genre: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
ARC Received From & Reviewed For: Give Me Books Promotions
Hosted By: Give Me Books Promotions


We crashed into each other like the moth and the flame.

For years, we've been best friends.
I told him all my secrets and I believed I knew his.
In camp, I thought he was the most beautiful boy in the world.
In high-school, I promised him my virginity.
On our first day of college, I had three revelations:
He's a jerk.
He doesn't care.
I don't even know him.

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA

Goodreads





Do you love me do you want to be my friend / And if you do / Well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand / If you want to / I think this is how love goes / Check yes or no
"Check Yes or No" - Written by Dana Hunt & Danny Wells - Release Date: September 11, 1995 - Sung By: George Strait - Album: Strait Out of the Box (Disc 4)

Oscar and Delia's story reminded me of this song. It's sweet yet uncertain, from beginning to almost the end. Their friendship began at summer camp and continued on in letters after they parted ways. As the years went on, their communications became less and less until they just stopped. No reason. No explanation. It was...mind-boggling.

Just like Oscar's feigned ignorance of who she is when meet again in college years later.

The bulk of their relationship happens in the present, and there is a lot of teetering back and forth because of their fallout. Hot and cold. Do I? Don't I? Do you? Don't you? Miscommunication led them to this point and now they have to figure out how to heal and forgive and understand or the desire they feel for one another will fizzle away into nothing, this time leaving them longing for what could have been.

Truly Yours is a heartwarming blend of past and present, of letters and memories that serve two purposes: reminders of what was, and gentle nudges toward what could be.




Mia Miller started writing as a getaway from a taxing day job in a multinational corp. A lover of all things romance since forever, Mia tries to find a little bit of a love story even in zombie movies. She likes her book boyfriends Alpha and her novels naughty.

Nowadays Mia can be constantly found typing away, with her Dogo Argentino at her feet. Mia brings to her readers books in the New Adult and Contemporary Romance genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment